I was thinking about moving to Canada for a while under the IEC (working holiday) visa.

I'm a software engineer by trade and would look for work in that industry.

If I fall in love with the work / the employer wants me to stay - can I change my status / visa to an employer sponsored visa so I can stay longer than the IEC visa?

1 Answer 1


This is not possible. Can I apply for a work permit from inside Canada? is very clear in this: getting a work permit from inside Canada is very rarely allowed. You could check the Extend or change your work permit – International Experience Canada page as well but from the very brief description you gave us I would think the answer is no here as well.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.