My husband is from an EEA qualifying country and I am not an EEA national. I have travelled to the UK before through the EEA family permit. We live in the USA and are planning to travel to the UK for a vacation, but my EEA family permit has expired. Can I apply for a new EEA family permit?

2 Answers 2


Yes, you can.

You may know, however, that the UK is preparing to leave the EU. Depending on whether there is a deal governing its departure, the exact moment when the free movement directive will cease to apply could be anywhere from 11 PM (London time) on March 29 October 31st to the 30th of June, 2021. If you need a visa to enter the UK, you will probably need a standard visitor visa at that point.


Yes, You can. It is possible until 30 June 2021. You can also ask for standard visitor visa as the UK left the EU on 31 January 2020.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.