I will finish college this year, so I want to apply for the visa to travel immediately after finishing my final exams.

I can also provide a document that states that my expected graduation date will be in July, and also the company will provide me all other required documents. Do you have any advice for a specialist professional non-EU national on how to apply, so that I won't be rejected because I didn't provide the official certificate?

| improve this question | | | | |
  • If you already have a job offer from a company in Germany, they should take care of most of the paperwork and advise you what you will need to submit. As a new graduate, are you really already a specialist professional? – user16259 Feb 24 '18 at 19:21

For some visa, the EU defines "highly skilled professional" as somebody who earns 1.5 times the average annual salary in that member state, with a signed work contract or a binding offer. That is called the Blue Card. For Germany you would have to earn €52,000 per year, or €40.560 in certain technical jobs.

However, the Blue Card application is only made after the applicant arrives on a work visa (source: BAMF) or visa-free (citizens of Australia, Israel, Japan, Canada, South Korea, New Zealand, United States).

| improve this answer | | | | |
  • Ok then if i am highly skilled professional and also i will be eligible for the blue card after arriving at Germany and of course getting my working visa ... then can i apply for the visa starting from now instead of waiting till being graduate as it takes time ? and just providing another documents which shows that its my last semester and i will graduate soon . – dexer Feb 27 '18 at 10:51
  • 1
    The second link says that you apply after arrival. BTW, have you checked if your college qualifies as equivalent to an EU university degree? – o.m. Feb 27 '18 at 15:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.