I'm moving the US on an L1 visa and currently trying to complete the paperwork to ship my personal effects over.

I'm struggling to understand the correct answers for the following section of Form 3299: enter image description here

Am I "Emigrating to the U.S." or am I "Visiting the U.S"? On one hand, I plan on living there for at least 2 years; on the other, my visa has a finite length and I use the 'Visitors' line when I enter the country.

I ask because I don't think I can tick "A. (2)" unless I can also select "Emigrating to the U.S.". (as any Tools / Textbooks I am bringing were purchased outside of the US).


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.