I am a US Citizen. I have an account with USCIS that I used to file the I-130 for my marriage to my wife. Do I file the I-485 (Green Card application / Permanent Resident) on my USCIS account to do concurrent filing, or does she file it on her USCIS account?

1 Answer 1


I-485 can not be filed online at all, from the USCIS Emma bot.

Form I-130 can be filed online where you can print your receipt and have your relative submit the receipt with their paper Form I-485 and all supporting documents by mail or you can file both paper forms together by mail with all supporting documents..

So you have to file I-130 online, print a receipt and mail it together with your I-485. But if you're going to that you should also file you're I-765 (work authorization) and I-131 Travel Document too, because it's free.

Filing Forms I-765 and I-131 with Form I-485

If you submit Form I-485 and pay the required fee, you do not have to pay an additional fee to also file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, and/or Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, for advance parole. You may submit these forms together. If you choose not to file Form I-765 and/or Form I-131 with your Form I-485, then you must submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, (also known as your receipt) as evidence that you filed Form I-485.

For more information see this page.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.