I grew up in Switzerland where I ate these biscuits (Blevita from Migros) with a glass of milk every night before going to bed. I am a bit addicted to these simple biscuits :)
I have now been living in Vancouver, BC, Canada for 2 years and I fail to find biscuits that are in any way similar. Do you know where I could find similar biscuits?
Description of the biscuits
The above link gives the following information about nutritional facts (German only).
- They contain very little sugar.
- They contain little salt (in comparison to anything I could find so far).
- They are much thicker, more dense and solid than standard crackers.
- They quickly suck up all the spit (hence the glass of milk).
- They have a good taste of sesame but I would not be too picky if the substitute you suggest taste flax, oat, spelt or whatever.