I am 24 yrs old and single. I am self employed and work from home as a webcam model for an online website. I want to move to London, England. What all do I need to do to move from the U.S. to the UK? And would I be able to continue being self employed as a cam girl?

  • 2
    What is your citizenship? Self-employed work-online workers are still a big grey area for many countries visa-wise. – ouflak Jan 10 '17 at 7:29
  • 3
    I don't think this will be permissible unless you have some kind of visa specifically for setting up your own business. – la femme cosmique Jan 10 '17 at 9:28

The UK visa system no longer has the Tier 1 visa which permits someone to enter the UK and be self-employed. Tier 1 Entrepreneur is to attract people to invest in the United Kingdom by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of, one or more businesses. Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa are ideal for entrepreneurs with some money to invest in the UK. In practice most people who apply will need to have £200,000 of available funds held in a regulated financial institution.

The Tier 1 Entrepreneur sub-category is perfect for those individuals wishing to start a business in the UK who can meet the criteria. Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) is for non-European migrants who want to invest in the UK by setting up or taking over, and being actively involved in the running of a business.

A 'business' means an enterprise as:

a sole trader

a partnership, or

a company registered in the UK

For your application for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa to be successful you must score a total of 95 points and meet all the other requirements under the Immigration Rules.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.