I'm member of an EU family. I have an EU residence card issued by Italy and have traveled previously to the UK with my father as a European citizen. I want to stay and remain in the United Kingdom. I would like to obtain a family permit from the UK.


  • When can I make an application? I have been present in the county 1 month.
  • What documents will need to for supporting my application?
  • Can my father travel and leave me alone for one month?
  • Does such a thing exist and is it difficult to obtain?
  • My Italian father can not work because health reasons.

I found a contract of work for 1 year. Will that help the application?

  • 1
    Beyond the current question on Travel, I think you have asked this or a very similar question before, perhaps using a different account. Did you delete it? Did it get any answers or comments? Are you under 21 or a dependent of your father?
    – mkennedy
    Commented Jan 31, 2020 at 20:06
  • 21 old , I'm in charge of my father Commented Feb 2, 2020 at 17:08
  • @WalidHadjali to be a "dependent" of your father, your father must be paying a significant portion (I guess more than half, but I am not certain) of your living expenses. If you're working and he's not, that seems unlikely. In any event, you won't be able to reside in the UK unless your father also resides there. Is that the plan?
    – phoog
    Commented Feb 2, 2020 at 21:12
  • Also, you can merge your accounts (Walid Hadj ali and Walid Hadj ali). If you log in with the account that owns the question, you can comment on the question and on the answers to the question. You will also be able to edit the question should you want to.
    – phoog
    Commented Feb 2, 2020 at 21:15

1 Answer 1


Assume that you must apply for leave to enter based on your own situation.

That situation would be that you wish to work in the United Kingdom for 1 year while your Italian father will retain his residence in Italy.

So you should apply for the corresponding UK visa in Italy based soly on your citizenship. You should also state clearly that your Italian father will remain in Italy.

Any attempt to 'play around' with the rules (such as you father arriving with you and then leaving) will bring you no joy.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.