I am an Indian passport holder studying in the U.K. on a tier 4 visa. I have been offered a 3 month summer internship in Germany (from July to September). I have decided with the employer whether it will be paid or unpaid.

What sort of visa will I require (for paid and unpaid)? Will I need a work/residence permit?

1 Answer 1


As a non EU citizen then you will require a visa to perform an Internship in Germany. If it is paid or not does not make a difference to the visa.

These website provide some additional information:

Your employer should help you through the process.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.