I will be applying Eea fp for me and my parents. I am non eu getting married to Eu. When my parents have residence card can they sponsor their son for Eea fp and residence card as he is dependent on them ?

1 Answer 1


If your spouse can claim a right of residence in the UK (e.g. if working in the UK), you also have a right of residence and are eligible for an EEA family permit. As parents-in-law of an EU citizen with a right of residence, your parents may also qualify, but only if they are dependent on you.

Being a family member or a dependant of your parents will not confer any special status. Your brother does not seem to qualify for any EEA permit.

  • He is ill he needs medicine then what ? Feb 10, 2020 at 18:07
  • I am not denying that your brother is dependent on your parents, nor do I rule out that there is route for him to come to the United Kingdom. I just say that he does not qualify for an EEA family permit.
    – Arne
    Feb 11, 2020 at 18:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.