- I entered Canada on eTA
- I applied to extend my stay as a visitor
- The original 6 months of the eTA passed but I maintained my status because of the pending application
- I married a Canadian citizen
- My extension was approved and I got a visitor record (with an expiry date in January)
- I'm about to submit my permanent resident application (inland spousal sponsorship) and right after that apply for an open work permit
Does the open work permit application allow me to stay after my visitor record expires (e.g. does it count as maintained status) or do I need to apply for another visitor extension?
I found this page but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation (I don't have an expired work permit that I'm renewing).