I am a non-EU citizen and a Norwegian Permanent Resident. I am exploring an opportunity to remotely (from Norway) work for a UK company and I am confused about the type of visa, if any, that I need to apply in UK. Do I need to apply for any Visa, such as Tier-2, to work for the UK employer while I am resident in Norway?

Thanks for your comments!

  • 2
    You only need a UK visa if you are going to travel to the UK. Will you be traveling to the UK? If so, for how long? What will you be doing while you are there?
    – phoog
    May 2, 2016 at 6:17
  • What is your nationality? Asking because of short visit situations.
    – ouflak
    May 2, 2016 at 12:30

1 Answer 1


You only need UK visa if you are going to be resident in the UK for any period of time. Note that this may include short business visits depending on your nationality.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.