Can I get a Canadian student visa with a passport that is valid for less than 6 months? My study lasts 2 years and has a co-op term.

  • I am not sure it makes a difference but which country and how long do you plan to be in Canada for? Can you please edit that into the question.
    – Willeke
    Feb 7, 2021 at 16:53
  • Most importantly, is your course of study less than six months. Feb 7, 2021 at 17:51
  • @DJClayworth It's 2 years and I get a diploma at the end. It also has a co-op term.
    – Random Dude
    Feb 7, 2021 at 18:23

1 Answer 1


You'll have to renew your passport before applying.

This Canadian Government page says:

Visiting, working and studying temporarily

We can’t issue you a work permit, study permit or visitor record that is valid past the expiry date of your passport.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.