I am a professional software developer with an experience of 5 years. I am currently in Karachi, Pakistan. I got an offer from Munich Germany company.

To get the Visa from the German General Consulate (Karachi), they are asking for the Education Equivalency of my education from ANABIN. I have completed high school (12th standard) and my bachelor's degree is in progress, I have completed 2 years of my bachelor's degree and 2 years are remaining. I also got clearance from ZAV (Bundesagentur für arbeit) and I am allowed to work in Germany.

Would you be so kind to suggest which equivalency certificate should I apply?

  • 3
    You should presumably apply for a certificate for the highest degree you hold. From the sound of it, you only have a high school degree though and it might be difficult to get a visa with that. Years of experience or course credits do not necessarily compensate for the lack of a proper degree, especially in Germany.
    – Gala
    Commented Jan 11, 2017 at 11:06

1 Answer 1


The Anabin certification you have been requested evaluates foreign education to classify it within the German education system. The database search higher education, university, and from another country’s state or state-recognized institutions.

Completion of high school would not be assessed; if an associate degree was issued upon completion of two years of university, that might be.

It would be best to contact Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen (ZAB) directly:

Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) in the Secretariat of the Conference of Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs
Graurheindorfer Straße 157
53117 Bonn
(Postfach 2240, 53012 Bonn)
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 0228 501-664
Mon, Tue, Thu: 10-12 hrs / 14-15 hrs
Fri: 10-12 hrs

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.